Monday, June 9, 2014

KATY Trail - Day 1 - Clinton to Boonville

A nice first day on the KATY Trail.  About 76 miles cycled with only 1500 feet of climb. The weather forecast was for a 50% chance of rain, going up to 70% in the afternoon, so I spent the day looking over my shoulder at the approaching rain clouds. I was able to finish just as the rain started. Trail conditions were good but I was not able to go very fast. The trail goes through the streets in Sedalia and is not marked north of the train depot. So I got lost until a mailman was kind enough to point me in the right direction.

There were two groups of riders on the trail. One was a group of about 50 riders from an outfit called Road Scholar and I must have passed 40 of them before or after their SAG stop.

Rain is 60% likely for tomorrow, so I am probably going to get wet.

Clinton. The end of the trail was 0.4 miles west from here.

Between Clinton and Calhoun

Before Green Ridge

Green Ridge MM 239

Sedalia Depot

Bridge over the Lamine River
Today's ride (Part 1): Today's ride (Part 2):

No comments:

Post a Comment